November was certainly an action packed few weeks for us here at TE. With 3 horses being prepared for Adelaide 4 star, plus other horses in work, plus lessons and a dressage comp there was not much time for anything else. Oh not forgetting the dreaded HSC with Gemma.
So Adelaide 2015 was mixed for us. This year was certainly not our year however John and Jane Pittard ‘s Pluto Mio came up the leader board after a spectacular Cross Country round. Anna became unwell and after the dressage it was only fair to scratch her. War Hawk certainly needs more starts and time, but we feel there is a great future for him.
Some statistics related to Adelaide
- All 3 horses were galloped every 4/5 days 6 weeks prior to their start at a 3DE ( 4 star)
- 48 bags of ice were used in these 6 weeks after their gallops. Plus use of HIDEZ suits and the Zamar unit.
- Every gallop outing took (plus post care) 6 hours.
- 5 litres of Horseland Equinade Glo White shampoo has been used.
- Over $2000 was spent on fuel, plus $1200 of junk food consumed over the whole trip -excluding alcohol !
With the 2015 eventing season almost over we are certainly all looking forward to the ‘holiday season’ but before we get too excited we have Wallaby Hill and Summer Classic showjumping to go yet.
Stuart and Gemma will be left to their own devices as Karen takes off on a cruise with her mum. ( A promise that had to be fulfilled !!) It will be an interesting 2 weeks at TE- maybe the Christmas news will be a ‘cracker’ !!
AGAIN To all our owners, sponsors and supporters we thank you for your continued support.
All the best TE